Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Old London Bus…Vroom

Yesterday with the tube service I usually commute to office (Piccadilly) temporarily suspended for the whole day, I had to resort to another route which involves a bus travel in addition to a train travel. Since the Piccadilly service was partially suspended (it goes till 3 stations prior to mine) the London Underground had arranged for train replacement services. On my way back home there were 2 replacement buses that would cater to my station. One amongst them was the old model London bus which I got into.

It was quite a nostalgic feeling to be traveling in it. It did not have the hitech driver controlled doors or the power brakes that the current London Buses have. The seating capacity was also lesser in comparison. It looked very similar to our Pallavan Bus and BEST Buses (Actually resembles BEST buses more due to the colour).

I wanted to take a picture of the bus but could not quite make it. So I have managed to get hold of another picture of the same.

Labels:

 
posted by Santosh Subramanian at 9:48 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: