Friday, July 08, 2005
BPO Fading??
As I was passing through my neighbourhood I chanced to see a large hoarding put up by Natwest Bank. It reads as below:

“Real people on the phone, in the UK, 24/7. Call us old fashioned”

Natwest bank is one of UK’s leading bank. It is very clear what the point they are driving hard.
For the records, Natwest was one of the banks supposed to be affected by the recent BPO scandal in india. Click here for the details.

When the nation is getting set for the next wave of new jobs, these kinda scandals should not be permitted to put the brakes on our speed of progress…

Labels:

 
posted by Santosh Subramanian at 1:14 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I hate phone banking.
I would definitely welcome a real voice at the other end.
Just to have a cheque picked up one has to punch an endless number of buttons and listen to a monotonous voice saying press1 press2 blah blah.ugh!