Thursday, July 07, 2005
London Under Attack
Got up a bit late today and as I was preparing to start to office, I receive a call from my friend informing about the series of blasts that has rocked the world. Was indeed shocking news. It was too bad that such a thing happens just the day after the whole city of rejoice for having won the bid to host the 2012 Olympics. Then started the series of calls and SMS. For most part of the day the mobile networks were also affected from time to time. Anyway I had a long chat with people back home…

The whole of central London was cut off from the rest of the city. Saw the live coverage of the news thanks to the BBC and CNN’s web sites. Passing of every hour brings in fresh news. The BBC site I guess was pouring with hits and hence was a bit slower. Hence I switched after many desperate attempts trying to access the streaming video content to CNN. Thankfully I was not showing any signs of slowness.

Though the figures are skeptical, what is certain is the damage has been quite hard. The rescue staffs have done an excellent job.

We just have to wait and see how quick the City of London bounces back from this….

Labels:

 
posted by Santosh Subramanian at 6:30 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: